Here's a randomly generated horror plot based on a drawing by Bryan Baugh. It's purpose is to provide a framework and spur your imagination to create an adventure of your own, for whatever game system you prefer.
OPTIONAL: HOW DO THE PLAYER CHARACTERS GET INVOLVED? (Roll 1d6)
1-2. One or more of the Ouija Ghost's victims were friends or family of a party member.
3-4. The party has been tracking the cursed items that are rumored to cause the Ouija Ghost to manifest.
5-6. One of the player characters witnessed his or her friends be murdered by the Quija Ghost as a teen and he or she recognizes the pattern of its attacks.
THE TERROR OF THE QUIJA GHOST
A group of friends spend the night with some food, some alcohol, and a Quija board. They awakened something terrible, and the player characters must discover what and return it where it came from.
WHO PLAYED WITH THE OUIJA BOARD? (Roll 1d6)
1. 1d3+1 Cheerleaders
2. 1d3+1 Sorority Girls
3. 1d3+1 Supermodels
4. 1d3+1 Goth Chicks
5. 1d3+1 Baristas
6. 1d3+1 Ballerinas
WHY DID THEY PLAY WITH THE OUIJA BOARD? (Roll 1d6)
1-2. For spooky fun.
3-4. To talk to the spirit of a recently deceased friend.
5-6. To scare one of their number who is a believer in spiritualism.
WHERE DID THE OUIJA BOARD COME FROM? (Roll 1d6)
1. The attic of a family home.
2. A pawn shop.
3. Abandoned on a rainy street.
4. A store specializing in occult items.
5. An antique store that was going out of business.
6. Found in the hallway; each girl assumed one of the others brought it.
WHAT IS THE QUIJA GHOST? (Roll 1d6)
1. A vengeful spirit, specifically after the girls.
2. A manifestiation of the curse upon the Quija board.
3. A manifestation of the curse upon the planchette.
4. A demon that took advantage of the game.
5. An urban legend made real through the psychic powers of one of the girls (and her secret hatred and jealousy of another member of the group).
6. The spirit of a serial killer that's been returned to the world.
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GIRLS? (Roll 1d6)
1. All but one were driven insane.
2. All but one were brutally murdered; survivor driven insane.
3. All have vansihed without a trace. (1-3, they can found alive; 4, 1d3-1 can be found alive; 5-6, they can be found dead.)
4. One girl brutally murdered, the others injured but alive.
5. They are all comatose, the life mysteriously slowly draining from them.
6. 1d3-1 girls brutally murdered, the others missing. Those missing are now puppets of the Ouija Ghost.
WHAT HAPPENS IF THE OUIJA GHOST ISN'T STOPPED? (Roll 1d6)
1. Each night, 1d2 friends or families of the girls who played with the Ouija board are brutally murdered.
2. Roll on WHO PLAYED WITH THE QUIJA BOARD. 1d2 girls of the indicated group are brutally murdered each night.
3. Each night, 1d2 additional girls of the kind originally rolled on WHO PLAYED WITH THE QUIJA BOARD are brutally murdered.
4. One of the surviving girls, becomes possessed by the Ouija Ghost 1d3 nights later and goes on a killing spree. (If the girls had vanished without a trace, one reappears each 1d3 nights to brutally murder innocent people until the rest are found and rescued.)
5. Once the surviving girls are dead, the Ouija Ghost will start to target the player characters and their loved ones.
6. Roll two more times on this table, rerolling any results of 6. If the
same result is rolled twice, then it is the only one that applies.
HOW IS THE QUIJA GHOST STOPPED? (Roll 1d6)
1. The Quija board must be reduced to fine ash in a sanctified place.
2. The planchette must be ground into fine dust and scattered on the grave
of a murderer.
3. The truth about how it came to be a ghost must be revealed.
4. The Quija board and planchette must be destroyed with the horn of a unicorn.
5. A Jew, and Christian, and a Muslim must perform an anient ritual over the Quija board, forcing the Quija Ghost to go dormant again.
6. Roll two more times on this table, rerolling any results of 6. If the same result is rolled twice, then it is the only one that applies.
WHAT IS THE SURPRISE TWIST? (Roll 1d6)
1-2. There isn't one.
3. The Quija Ghost wasn't destroyed. It was spread into 13 different random Ouija boards within a 666 mile radius of the original killings.
4-5. There never was a Quija Ghost... it was all the work of one of dead or vanished girls who's a very clever, very psychopathic killer.
6. There never was a Quija Ghost. It was a ruse by a Satanic cult that sacrificed the girls and staged the Quija Ghost situations to lure the player characters to their deaths.