HOW WERE YOUR ELEMENTAL POWERS AWAKENED? (Roll 1d6)
|Art by Storn Cook|
2. You almost lost your life in a situation involving the element your powers are drawn from; in the aftermath, you discovered new abilities.
3-4. Your family has always been key members of a global cult devoted to worshiping the dragon spirits. You were identified as one of the Blessed and prepared for the day when your powers would manifest themselves.
5. You were doing yoga, meditating, taking mind-altering drugs (or some combination thereof) when your mind was flooded with flashes of a long-gone age when Great Dragons watched over Earth and all life on it. You fell into a coma 16 hours, and when you recovered, your powers had developed.
6. A strange old man approached you and said that you were the heir to a great and ancient gift... and that you were to take over the role he had filled for the last several decades. After showing you his power, he trained you in the use of yours.
HOW DID THE PLAYER CHARACTERS MEET? (Roll 1d6)
1. At the funeral of a shared mentor.
2. They are abducted and imprisoned together for reasons they initially don't understand and must work together to escape and figure out why.
3. They were raised in the same secret society and brought together when the time was right.
4. They each felt drawn to the same isolated castle in Ireland.
5. They are the sole survivors of a natural disaster.
6. While they are individually being hunted by assassins, they each recieved a message (and the means) to travel to a remote building in the Mojave Desert in order to discover the key to survive and the reason for why they are being hunted.
Here's a feat that may be included... the editor is still mulling over a few last minute brainstorms that I had regarding what could go into The Elementals.
You can sense when you are near someone else who carries a spark of a Great Dragon within them.
Prerequisite: Child of a Great Dragon, Spot 4 ranks.
Benefit: When your characer is within 60 feet of another Elemental, the GM tells you the character feels as though something is "off" or as if "someone just walked over your grave" or some other statement to show you are sensing something unusual. Upon making a successful Spot skill check (DC12), you can identify the source of your unease--another Elemental. If the Elemental is out of your line of sight, you know exactly where he or she is. You may The sense of unease ends as soon as you recognise the other Immortal.)
The sense of unease also ends if the Spot check reveals some other threat or mystery that draws your attention.